...and I can't get them to try any others. I've made many blueberry muffins over the years and many of them vegan and each has been good in their own way. But when I took my standard blueberry muffin recipe and subbed the eggs with chickpea flour my heart went BOOM! The rise! The texture!
Take a look:
Vegan Blueberry Muffins adapted from
The New York Times Cookbook by Craig Claiborne
2 cups flour (I use half unbleached white, half ww pasty
1/3 cup sugar - more if you prefer a sweeter muffin
2 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chickpea flour mixed with 1/4 cup water
1 cup milk (I use soy)
1/4 cup oil (I use melted coconut oil)
1 cup blueberries, frozen or fresh
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Mix dry ingredients in mixing bowl
3. Mix wet ingredients in small bowl
4. Add liquid to dry and stir only until the flour is moistened. Quickly stir in the blueberries.
5. Spoon into well-greased muffin tin, distributing somewhat evenly. I like to lightly sprinkle sugar on top.
6. Bake for 25 minutes, pop out of the muffin tin, and enjoy.